Agenda 02/05/01 and 02/07/01
- Warm Up: "Did the class' heart rate increase from resting to exercise?
- Discussion: "Why your heart rate changes"
- Lecture: Cardiovascular
- Blood Vessels
- Binder Check
- Mini Lab: Measuring your blood pressure.
- In the Methods of the Tell
Tale Heart: Write the following in your words:
- For the following
categories, have your partner take your blood pressure:
- lying down,
- after jumping jacks (50X)
- Enter the
above data for each student in your class in Table 1. The
systolic, the higher number, is written like a numerator, and the
diastolic, the lower number, is written like a denominator (e.g.
- Plot the mean
for each category in Graph 2.
- For extra
credit, include the range (high to low data points) in Graph 2.
- On the page following Graph 1, write Table 2, which is the same as
Table on, except Blood Pressure (mmHg) replaces Heart Rate
- Follow the instructions from the Methods on blood pressure.
- Write your groups data , then the classes data in Table 1.
- Homework (Due 02/06/01, 02/09/07 for even classes): Write
one paragraph in the Discussion describing why a person's heart rate changes.