Agenda 03/29/01 to 03/30/01
- DNA Structure
- Deoxyribose sugar
- DNA Replication
- The DNA Pairs
- Thymine-Adenine (T-A)
- The Transcription of DNA
- DNA to RNA
- DNA has two strands.
- RNA has one strand.
- Ribose replaces Deoxyribose
- Uracil replaces Thymine
- The RNA Pairs
- Uracil-Adenine (U-A)
- Only a messenger (mRNA)
- The Translation of mRNA (the right sequence of bases must be used).
- Back to the RNA paring again.
- The codon:
- A codon is made of three bases (e.g. UUU, ACU, CGU)
- Each codon links with its own amino acid (see the codon table)
8: Protein Synthesis
- Follow the directions from transcribing DNA into mRNA to the translation
of RNA into a chain of amino acids, a protein.
- Answer the questions at the end of the lab.
- Practice question from the Midterm Review.
- Remember to work on your weaker areas first, and your strongest