- What is the function of the skeleton?
- Name the major bones of the arm and leg.
- Why is the skeleton important to red blood cells?
- Compare and contrast the forearm of a rat and a bat. Why is one better
at flying, and the other is better at running?
- What is different between the teeth of carnivours, herbivours, and
- What is the function of the nervous system?
- What is a neuron?
- Name and describe the five mechanoreceptors involved in touch.
- Name and describe the two visualreceptors. Where are they found?
- Name and describe the chemoreceptors involved in taste.
- Describe how the nose is involved in taste, using examples.
- What are neurotransmiters?
- Through which part of a neuron does neurotransmiter enter the nerve
- Through which part of a neuron does neurotransmiter leave the nerve
- What insulates neurons? Does that insulation help transmit neurotransmiters
- How is sound transmited from the air, through the middle ear, and
then through the inner ear?
- Compare and contrast the pulmonary and the systemic circuits of the
- In which circuit is blood oxygenated?
- In which circuit is oxygenated blood delivered to the body?
- Name the chambers of the heart.
- Name the four major heart valves, and describe what each valve specifically
do. · Describe the pathway of blood through the heart.
- What is the job of arteries?
- What is the job of veins?
- What is the job of capillaries?
- Compare and contrast the physical structure of arteries, veins, and
- Be able to tell the difference between blood cells and blood plasma.
- Name the two major types of blood cells, and describe what they do.
- What is the name of the protein involved in carrying oxygen and carbon
dioxide? How many can it carry at one time.
- What determines whether hemoglobin will pick up oxygen and drop off
carbon dioxide, or whether hemoglobin will do the exact opposite?
- Be able to compare the size of a red blood cell and hemoglobin.
- What are the four major organs (parts) of the respiratory system?
- What is the function of the trachea and bronchi?
- Why does air exchange occur in the alveoli?
- What benefits does the nasal cavity provide the respiratory system?
- Which lung is larger?
- How many lobes does the right and left lung have?